Acorus are able to advise on a range of building and design projects, no matter the scale or complexity of the project. We aim to make this process as streamlined as possible, working with our colleagues, and provide the required drawing and design services to meet your needs. This means we can offer a complete service from helping you develop the initial brief, through design development to planning and on to construction, including dealing with building regulations and health and safety legislation.
If you would like to discuss your project please contact your local regional office and we will be happy to assist.
Our architectural services are led by highly experienced Consultants and Design team members. We work predominantly within the rural sector and have dealt with a large range of projects, helping our clients with design schemes and obtaining consents for proposals.
Example projects include finding new uses for existing buildings as offices, farm shops, houses and leisure facilities. Designing new agricultural, horticultural, industrial and commercial buildings, farm relocations, diversification projects and housing developments.
The design process is often complex and time-consuming; however, we are here to help you through this and provide expert advice to give you the best chance to achieve your goals. From initial enquiry through to the finished project, we provide a comprehensive service and can assist you with the following:
Project Development and Brief
- Identification of clients’ aspirations and requirements
- Undertaking a feasibility study
- Consideration of site suitability
- Planning considerations and constraints
Developing the Design
- Developing and refining appropriate design solutions
- Preliminary discussions with local planning departments and other third parties to ensure a scheme is viable
- 3D modelling and internal illustrations
- Production of planning drawings
- Consultation with local planning departments
- Preparation of planning application and other consents where necessary
- Completion of conditions
- Preparation of working drawings and specifications
- Obtaining building regulations approval
- Health and Safety
- Project management, assisting builds
- CIL forms
- Construction Design and Management regulations (CDM)